Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Visited States

Dara posted hers, and here's my map of visited states. I have more of the middle of the country than her, but a couple states barely made it. I've only had a hand or something in Utah (at the four corners), And I went to South Dakota for like 10 minutes when I was in Sioux City, Iowa. And I flew into Gulfport, Mississippi but drove straight to New Orleans. I drove through the Texas panhandle and have been through on airplanes a couple times, but I've never really BEEN to Texas. And I've gotten gas in Michigan when driving along the Indiana/Michigan border, and I've flown through the Detroit airport a few times, but I've never really BEEN to Michigan either.



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

8 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger dara said...

You have more in the middle of the country because you are from the middle of the country. I, on the other hand, am from the northeast, and later, lived in the southeast, so I have the right side of the map pretty much covered.

And, I did not count states in which I just passed through -- such as Kentucky and Wisconsin (I flew on Midwest through Milwaukee on the way back from somewhere once when my United flight thru Chicago was cancelled). I actually decided that visit meant actually stopping and getting out of the car. (But for a fortuitous pre-Mardi Gras McDonalds stop, Mississippi wouldn't have made it.)

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I have probably been to fewer because the states just plain take up more room on the West Coast. I'm not sure that stopping for fast food counts for much more than an airplane stop though. Guess it all gets a bit gray.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger DSL said...

That's weird. I didn't intend to be anonymous.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger dara said...

The McDonald's stop took longer than you'd think. We actually looked for a real place to eat but were scared by the prospects.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger dara said...

And Debby, you've been to the most important state -- New Jersey. Without New Jersey, some other state would have to be funny.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Justin S. said...

The weird one for me is that I haven't been to Arkansas. I grew up 3 hours from Arkansas, yet I never bothered to go. I mean, come on. It's Arkansas.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger DSL said...

hmmm...if Jersey's the funniest state, Arkansas must be a close second.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Justin S. said...

If only Arkansas and New Jersey could be combined.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home