Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kirk Cameron

Remember Kirk Cameron?



Yes, that Kirk Cameron?

So I knew that Kirk had gone evangelical and was starring in poorly made movies with Christian themes and such, but had never witnessed it first hand until last night.

So I was looking for a way to pass the time while eating dinner last night, and saw on TBN the last 10 minutes of Kirk Cameron's evangelical show, "The Way of the Master." Basically, it was Kirk and some other quasi-Australian-or-something guy spouting about the ways of the Lord. The segment I saw was Kirk going around to malls or somewhere doing man-on-the-street style interviews asking people how many of the ten commandments they could name... and then asking other people how many beers they could name. Kirk laments about how people seem to know more about beer than the ten commandments (by the way, I could name WAY more beers than the people he interviewed).

Then at the end he advertises his video series, and makes an appeal to Christians watching to save the souls of those that they love before they end up dying without the Lord and going to Hell. It was touching. Really.

After that, I had to go online and see what I could find about Kirk. The first thing I found was this.



It's a video called "The Athiest's Nightmare," a short clip from the show in which the other dude explains that there has to be a God because it's so easy to eat bananas. They're made perfectly, fit into the hand, easy to open and peel, fits perfectly into the mouth, etc... And only God could have made something so perfect.

A couple comments here....

1) It was extremely homoerotic
2) Why did God make pineapples so frickin' hard to eat?

The next thing I found was this grainy clip of Kirk onThe O'Reilly Factor.



Finally, I found the holy grail.

www.wayofthemaster.com

Let the intro load up for a starter, it's pretty damn entertaining. Then click wherever you want, you can't go wrong. Although I highly recommend watching the video on intelligent design vs. evolution (which I only watched a couple minutes of, but, man, was it unconvincing).

5 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger dara said...

This is scary. Funny, but scary. And the fact that I am still awake watching this is proof.

And, BTW, under their hyper-strict analysis, I have broken every single one of the commandments. Not even going to synagogue on Yom Kippur could save me now.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger I said...

I thought we (the Jews) owned all of Hollywood; I was surprised to find out that only part of the town was Jewish. Dara I can think of at least one commandment you could not possibly have broken (#7). Plus I think under their interpretation going to synagogue will not help you even if you had the morals and actions of a saint so I would not worry about it too much.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger dara said...

You would think that, wouldn't you. But, alas, their definitions are all-encompassing.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Justin S. said...

Dara....

Who did you kill? I think I broke all of the commandments except that one.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger dara said...

Their definition of murder is having hatred in your heart. And occasionally, I've been known to hate on people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home