Wednesday, September 05, 2007

NFL Preview 2007

So, after posting every weekday for two weeks, which is alot for me, I was kind of taking a break from blogging. I was thinking I wanted to get around to my promised post on my most anticipated movies of the fall, but I'm thinking that can wait until the weekend.

And then I realize.... Oh crap! It's Wednesday, and the NFL season starts tomorrow! And, I have a weird impulse to always get my predictions on record before the season starts. So here we go.



I'm not good at predicting the NFL. Let's get that out there right away. Here are my predictions from last year. I'm sure you all enjoyed that Bengals-Giants Super Bowl, but the point still remains.... I know jack shit about the NFL.

Granted, I posted my revised predictions halfway through the year, and accurately predicted a Colts-Bears Super Bowl. I had the Bears winning it, though.

Maybe I'm being hard on myself, the NFL is probably the hardest league to predict. This decade, the Rams, Ravens, Patriots (the first time), Bucaneers, and Steelers have all been pretty surprising, rarely predicted, Super Bowl champs.

On to this year...

NFC WEST

1. San Francisco
2. St. Louis
3. Seattle
4. Arizona

This might be my only prediction that really goes out on a limb... Everyone's picking the Seahawks, my most least favorite team in the NFL. So maybe this is wishful thinking. But I really don't think they're that great anymore. And I think my Rams are somewhat underrated, and the 49ers are VERY underrated.

NFC SOUTH

1. New Orleans
2. Carolina
3. Tampa Bay
4. Atlanta

You know how the Saints were supposedly inspired by the aftermath of Katrina in their amazing season last year? Um, I don't think Michael Vick's dogfights will have the same effect on the Falcons.

NFC NORTH

1. Chicago
2. Detroit
3. Minnesota
4. Green Bay

Bonus prediction.... Favre's consecutive games played streak ends this year.

NFC EAST

1. Dallas
2. New York Giants
3. Washington
4. Philadelphia

Unlike last year, I won't be predicting the Giants to go to the Super Bowl this year. Fine. Eli is no Peyton. I get it.

NFC Playoffs: San Francisco, New Orleans, Chicago and Dallas win the divisions, St. Louis and Carolina get the Wild Cards

AFC WEST

1. San Diego
2. Kansas City
3. Denver
4. Oakland

You can stop LaDanian Tomlinson, you can only contain the cliches people speak about him.

AFC SOUTH

1. Indianapolis
2. Tennessee
3. Jacksonville
4. Houston

You know who else is no Peyton? Vince Young. At least not yet.

AFC NORTH

1. Baltimore
2. Cincinnati
3. Pittsburgh
4. Cleveland

Sorry, my Ravens fan friends, but I probably just jinxed your team.

1. New England
2. Miami
3. Buffalo
4. New York Jets

Someone's gotta pick someone besides the Patriots to win this division, right? Well, yeah, but it's not gonna be me.

AFC Playoffs: San Diego, Indianapolis, Baltimore and New England win the divisions, Tennessee and Cincinnati get the Wild Cards

Someone's gotta pick someone besides the Patriot to win the AFC, right? Ok, fine. I'll do it.

Super Bowl: New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts

Everyone seems to think New England is by far the favorites this year. I still think the Colts are better.

NFL Champions: The New Orleans Saints

And the Saints are even better than the Colts.

Bookmark this page now, you'll want to make fun of me by mid-November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home