Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I have a new least favorite football team!

Congratulations, Philadelphia Eagles! You are no longer my least favorite football team! The knew honor goes to the Seattle Seahawks and their whiny twit of a coach, Mike Holmgren.

The Seahawks did nothing... let me repeat that.... NOTHING that merited a win on Sunday.

They should have been my least favorite team anyway, as they are the main rival of my St. Louis Rams. It's kind of annoyed me, though, because the Rams need a better geographical rival. But now, I'm officially putting the Seahawks on notice.

3 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger DSL said...

I'm not defending the Sea Hawks, but they did make it to the Super Bowl, so so much the worse for all the other teams they beat to get there. I guess it's just a sad year.

 
At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't dis Holmgren. liked him in Green Bay, and he's a good coach. He was right. That wasn't a push off. There wasn't any force behind it. That was a bad call. That was a NBA-sliding-on-your-ass-when-someone-breathes-on-you type bad call. Holmgren was right to complain. The team was robbed.

The Big Ben touchdown, perhaps, almost, kinda, sort-of, maybe was real. I didn't think so when it happened. When I saw the replay, it wasn't too clear. It might have been his arm crossing the line. Also the camera isn't actually on the line, but rather behind it a yard or two. it was so close, parallax might be causing an illusion. Either way, the tape is inconclusive, so the ruling on the field stands.

All that said, the Seahawks didn't play good enough in the second half to win. They played like the Steelers did in the first half. Lousy.

I am glad the Steelers one though. They were the first team I ever liked. Mean Joe Green was my favorite. I even had a Steelers raincoat. The Steelers will always have a special place in my heart.

One more thing. IBM should bring back the "You Make the Call" ads. I loved those.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Justin S. said...

I've watched that replay several times. It's a push-off every time. And a dumb, unnecessary one at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home