Thursday, February 02, 2006

Republicans and razors (Or what I've learned since lunch)

1. John Boehner was just elected the new House Republican leader. But before he was, the Republicans couldn't even avoid controversy in an election controlled by them and in which only they could vote. Roll Call has the scoop.

2. This is apparently old news, but I just saw it at CVS for the first time. Gillette has introduced a five blade razor. Seriously. Hasn't this gone far enough?

In the very first episode of Saturday Night Live, back in 1975, there was a comercial parody about 3 blade razors "designed for people who'll believe anything they see." Full disclosure, I have a Mach 3, with 3 blades, and it's quite possibly the best razor I've ever used. But even I draw the line at 3 blades. No "Quattro" for me. And for god's sake, no 5 blade "Fusion."

4 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger dara said...

Isn't the winter supposed to be worse when the groundhog sees his shadow?

Then again, I'd rather have 6 more weeks of an unseasonably warm winter than 4 weeks of snow!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Justin S. said...

Exactly. Saying we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter implies that we had some winter in the first place.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger dara said...

We had a couple days of winter -- in November.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to the Post, we will have 6 more weeks of our balmy winter weather...I'm beginning to see why the groundhog is never wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home