Monday, August 27, 2007

Judd Apatow



Above is Judd Apatow. Bow down to him.

As mentioned last week, I'm recapping my favorite movies of the year so far this week, and I will be announcing my most anticipated movies of the fall. But I really feel Judd Apatow deserves his own post.

I'm declaring a tie for my favorite movie of the year so far, because these two are pretty much inseparable in my mind. One directed by Apatow, one merely produced by Apatow.

Of course, I'm talking about



Knocked Up....



and Superbad.

Seth Rogen deserves alot of credit too, as the star of one and a supporting actor in the other, and as a writer for both. And there's Jonah Hill too... the honor really goes to all of Team Apatow.

Are these silly comdeies? Sure. Are they some of the best written and most heartfelt silly comedies in years? Of course. Are they the best movies of the year so far? Well, I haven't seen a ton of movies, and the Oscar fare hasn't come out yet, so, affirmative.

And we're not done with Team Apatow yet... Judd is also producing one of my most anticipated movies of the fall...



Walk Hard.

"Walk Hard" is a send-up of music biopics like "Ray" and "Walk the Line" and stars John C. Reilly as Johnny Cash, er, I mean, "Dewey Cox."

I'm not really expecting this one to be as good as "Knocked Up" or "Superbad," but it's almost too easy to forget that Apatow was also a creative force behind "Anchorman" and "Talladega Nights." Those movies weren't quite as impressive as Apatow's 2007 resume, but they're very funny comedies in their own right. I'm expecting "Walk Hard" to be more "Talladega Nights" than "Superbad," but that's pretty damn good anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home