Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Obama's Got Game (and other observations about Basketball and Democrats)

Check out this footage of Obama on his high school basketball team...



Not only is he sporting Michael Jordan's #23, he knows how to rebound and score (although he needs to work on his free throws).

As I've announced multiple times, Obama's my guy in the primary. Perhaps I should only pick primary candidates based on their basketball skills from now on... I also voted for former New York Knick Bill Bradley over Al Gore in 2000.

I hope I'm doing more than racial profiling, but I'm thinking Obama has to be the best basketball player in the Democratic field. Even if I'm convinced that this guy...



is the long lost father of this guy...



Am I the only one that sees a resemblance? Granted, Hinrich's like two feet taller....

It's a little harder for me to make the case for my 2004 guy, Wesley Clark.



This is the best picture I could find, but Kerry clearly has the height advantage and would probably win a game of one on one.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Joe Grossberg said...

"Not only is he sporting Michael Jordan's #23"

You mean MJ sports his #23. Jordan was still in elementary school when that game was played.

Good post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home