Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Favorite 2007 Movies So Far (Non-Apatow Edition)

So I gave you my first place tie picks for 2007 movies so far.... here's the rest of my top five.

Boy, I really haven't gone out of my way to see indie flicks this year... Every movie on my list is a huge blockbuster. Most critics would laugh hysterically at my list, and probably rightfully so. But it is what it is. And I really feel like I'm out on a limb with my pick for #3.....




That's right, Spider-man 3. The movie got a score of 60 out of a possible 100 on Metacritic, which is, like, a D. So what did I think? From my review...

I'm not going to beat around the bush. It was awesome.

I'm a little surprised at all the mediocre reviews it's getting... I really thought this was the best of the series so far. Most intersting story and by far the best villians. Sandman was fantastic.


So what's the 4th best movie of the year so far?



Ratatouille. Pixar animation is so good, it's almost unfair. It seems so effortless these days. I remember seeing A Bugs Life and being absolutely blown away by the animation... These days, it's just par for the course. Maybe that's why this isn't a little higher on my list... Toy Story and Finding Nemo are still my all time favorite Pixar flicks... But this is probably my third favorite. That's largely due to the story... and the fact that the movie has truly inspired me to become a better and more adventurous cook. I'm serious. A little movie about an animated rat has made this 30 year old want to make a better omelet.

Number 5 movie of the year....



Live Free or Die Hard. As I said before, the movie was fun and worth the time. This movie probably won't be in my top 15 or 20 by the end of the year, but it's the fifth best thing I've seen so far.

On a side note, why did no one correct me when I called the movie Live Free AND Die Hard in my previous post? It's called Live Free OR Die Hard. Like combining the slogan of New Hampshire with a Sears car battery. So is the movie really about cars breaking down in New Hampshire? Watch for yourself, and find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home