Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spiderman 3



Just got back from Spiderman 3.

I'm not going to beat around the bush. It was awesome.

I'm a little surprised at all the mediocre reviews it's getting... I really thought this was the best of the series so far. Most intersting story and by far the best villians. Sandman was fantastic.

What stands out about Spiderman, compared to nearly all other comic books/comic movies, is that the villians aren't simply evil... there's always something more going on. This was shown particularly well in this movie. The movie actually became a fairly effective tale about the effects of the choices the villians, and of course Spiderman himself, make.

Not that I've seen many movies yet this year, but this is by far the most satisfying so far.

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nice to see I'm not the only one who loved the movie. I gave it a positive review, too, though I think I'd stop just short of calling it the best of the series. It's by far the best second sequel I've ever seen, and just goes to show that as long as you've got a good story to tell and the right cast to help you tell it, there's no reason the third film in a series can't be as good (or better, in this case) than the first. God bless Sam Raimi.

Ditto on the George Lucas post, too. For him to criticize Spidey 3 as "silly," having just directed three of the most boring and pointless films ever made is pathetic.

--Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home