Thursday, March 22, 2007

How 'bout those Salukis!



Sure, they lost to Kansas tonight, but it was a helluva a year for Southern Illinois

Even though Kansas won by three points, the Salukis pretty much controlled the game, probably the best game I've seen this tourney. As much as I talk about Illinois and Wisconsin, Southern Illinois is the team I have the most loyalty toward. Those were the games I went to as a kid and those are the games that made me love college basketball.

Since leaving Southern Illinois, I don't think I've ever followed the team as closely as I did this year. Largely because they were on TV alot more, but they were an extremely exciting team to watch all year.

Kansas is a tough team, but they're going to have their hands full with UCLA. Kansas made alot of sloppy plays tonight, and couldn't hit free throws to save their lives... If Southern Illinois made a couple more lucky shots, the game would have been theirs.

So I'm out of teams I actively root for in this tourney now... so go UNLV!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home