Sunday, March 18, 2007

My Bracket is Busted



Well, so much for my bracket. I'm actually surprised that I'm still doing better than 25% of the brackets submitted to ESPN.

My champion, my beloved Wisconsin Badgers, were bounced by UNLV. Granted, I've already acknowledged the Badgers didn't have a prayer and I was picking from my heart, not my head. And at least they were beaten by a team coached by Lon Kruger, a former coach from my other alma mater, Illinois... and in this year's lame tournament, UNLV, a 7 seed, is the closest thing to a Cinderella team left. So go, UNLV, beat Oregon, and everyone else, except for Southern Illinois.

Speaking of Southern Illinois, they're my only source of joy left in this tournament. And they looked very good against the Hokies today. Next up is a bigger challenge in Kansas, which is coached by yet another former Illini coach, Bill Self. Bill Self pretty much dissed Illinois on his way to Kansas, so screw Bill Self. If SIU can pull off this upset, justice will be served.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home