Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Revisiting my MLB predictions again

I originally posted my MLB predicitons on March 30, and I revised them on July 10. Let's see how I did.

NL East 3/30 Braves 7/10 Mets

My 7/10 prediction held up, but it was pretty much already a certainty by then.

NL Central 3/30 Cardinals 7/10 Reds

Boy, did the Cards ever try to blow the division. But they didn't. I should have stuck with the original prediction.

NL West 3/30 Dodgers 7/10 Dodgers

The Dodgers had to settle for the Wild Card, with the Padres winning the division.

NL Wild Card 3/30 Brewers 7/10 Cardinals

Well, given how crappy their record was, and how they barely made the playoffs, it sure FEELS like the Cards are the Wild Card team...

NL Cy Young 3/30 Jake Peavy 7/10 Brandon Webb

Peavy was a terrible prediction, although he pitched fairly well, despite his record. Webb could still win it, he's currently third on ESPN's Cy Young Predictor. They have Billy Wagner winning it, but I think they'll go with a starter, and Chris Carpenter will repeat.

NL MVP 3/30 Albert Pujols 7/10 Albert Pujols

Ryan Howard might eek this out, but since he didn't make the playoffs and Albert did, I might have called this one right from the beginning.

NL Champs 3/30 Cardinals 7/10 Cardinals

Still possible.....

AL East 3/30 Yankees 7/10 Yankees

My theory that the Yankees will win this division every year until the end of time served me well once again.

AL Central 3/30 White Sox 7/10 White Sox

My confidence in the defending champs was misplaced all year, as the Twins took the division and the Tigers took the Wild Card.

AL West 3/30 Angels 7/10 Angels

The A's won. Another bad prediction for me.

AL Wild Card 3/30 Blue Jays 7/10 Tigers

Woo hoo! My revised prediction was right! Even if I was wrong about the team that would beat the Tigers in the Central.

AL Champs 3/30 White Sox 7/10 White Sox

That is looking rather unlikely.

AL Cy Young 3/30 Roy Halladay 7/10 Roy Halladay

Roy is 8th on the Cy Young predictor. It looks like Johan Santana.

AL MVP 3/30 Alex Rodriguez 7/10 David Ortiz

I do think Ortiz had the best overall numbers in the AL, but missing the playoffs could hurt him. My hunch says Derek Jeter.

Your 2006 World Series Champions 3/30 Cardinals 7/10 Cardinals

Woohoo! Sticking with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home