Monday, August 14, 2006

My New MP3 Player

As I mentioned last week, my iPod broke and I had to find another way to play music and podcasts on my commute. I used my PSP last week, and while it did the trick, it was bulky, didn't play the tracks loud enough, and doesn't remember where a track stops when you turn it off (which is important when listening to hour long podcasts).

So I got myself a new MP3 player on eBay. It cost me $45, including shipping and handling.

It's not a name brand MP3 player. It was probably made on the street somewhere in Europe or Asia. But at least it has Samsung innards. There are a bunch for sale on eBay, like this one.

So if it doesn't break (which is a BIG if, I know), I'm very happy with it. It has 2 GB of memory, doubles as a flash drive, has an FM radio (surprisingly good reception, and will be useful at the gym where the TVs have audio on radio frequencies), as well as a voice recorder and playback. And it's TINY. Not bad for $45.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home