Sunday, December 16, 2007

Best songs of 2007

I freely admit it. I'm becoming an old fogie who doesn't really know much about the music these days, but I thought I'd attempt to make a list of a few of the songs that I thought were pretty good this year.

1. "In The Colors" - Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals"

I just heard this song for the first time in the last week or so, but I really dig it. Might even be my favorite overall song of the year. It's a pretty simple song, as are alot of the songs on this list, but it just has a great groove to it...



2. "Livin' in the Future" - Bruce Springsteen

Overall, Bruce's new album is a mixed bag, but this song is awesome. Reminds me how great Bruce and the E Street Band are at their best.



3. "Thinking About You" - Norah Jones

I'm a big Norah fan, although she hasn't broken much new ground between her first album and now. Still, this is a pretty standard Norah song that is among the best things I've heard this year.



4. "1234" - Feist

Yes, the song from the iPod commercial. That's how lame I've gotten. I find my favorite songs through commercials.



5. "Young Folks" - Peter Bjorn and John

Speaking of which, I found this song through commercials too. It's been used in more than one, and I'm not really sure what product was being advertised when I heard it. And it's not technically a 2007 song, but I first heard it this year.



6. "Gravity" - John Mayer

I'm not a big John Mayer fan. I largely thing he's a poseur. But this is my favorite John Mayer song. Also, not technically a 2007 song, but I first heard it this year.



7. "Before He Cheats" - Carrie Underwood

Go ahead. Make fun of me, but this is a good song.



Honorable mentions... "The Pretender" by the Foo Fighters, "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse, "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White Ts (Yes, make fun again), "Icky Thump" by the White Stripes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home