Monday, October 22, 2007

World Series

So the Red Sox make it to the World Series after all.

I've been predicting the Red Sox to make it to the World Series since the beginning of the year, so I was right on that count. And if it wasn't for blind loyalty, I would have been predicting them to win it. And I have been predicting them to win it since the beginning of the playoffs. I also correctly predicted the outcomes of the ALCS and NLCS.

So, I'm sticking with it. The Red Sox will beat the Rockies. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the Rockies (It would be un-American of me not to), but I think the Red Sox are the better team and are likely to prevail.

Last year, the Tigers won the ALCS in 4 straight, and it took the Cards 7 games to win the NLCS... And the Cards won the World Series. This year the Rockies swept the NLCS and it took the Red Sox 7 games to win the ALCS. Foreshadowing? I don't really believe in that stuff, but as I said, I do think the Red Sox will win.

Also of note, with the Red Sox in the World Series, the Patriots dominating the NFL, and high hopes for the Celtics, it's possible Boston sports fans are about to become the most insufferable creatures on the planet.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Hi. This comment has nothing to do with this particular post but I came across a prior post of yours about a Five Song Challenge and I stole the idea for my blog!

I then started reading some of your other posts and liked them so I've added you to my list of Blogs.

I just thought you'd like to know. Stop by and visit some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home