Tuesday, October 02, 2007

NL Playoff Predictions

So after I posted last night, The Padres scored 2 runs in the top of the 13th.... and then the Rockies scored 3 runs in the bottom to win the Wild Card. Quite a game! And now I can make my NL playoff predictions.

The Rockies won an amazing 14 of 15 games to finish the season and win the Wild Card. They're now rewarded by playing the Phillies, who have merely won 13 of their last 17.

I don't believe in "momentum" in the sports sense. The Cardinals and White Sox have had whatever the opposite of momentum going in to the playoffs for the last two years, and they both won the World Series.

I think the Phillies will beat the Rockies, because they have an insanely good lineup.

The Diamondbacks won the NL West despite being outscored on the season. They'll win when Brandon Webb pitches. Which will be two games at most. The Cubs should be able to win the series.

So that means, I can't believe I'm writing this, the Cubs and Phillies will face each other in the NLCS.

That should be a pretty good series. Two very good lineups. Cubs probably have a slight edge on pitching, but outside of Zambrano, not absolutely dominant, especially against that Phillies lineup. The Phillies go to the World Series and lose to the Red Sox.

Here's my prediction recap.

ALCS: Red Sox v. Indians
NLCS: Cubs v. Phillies
World Series: Red Sox v. Phillies
Champs: Red Sox

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're wrong Justin. The Rockies will win the World Series with Matt Holiday winning both the WS MVP and the NL MVP awards.

I don't know who they'll play, but it won't matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home