Friday, September 14, 2007

Dara's Concert Meme Challenge

From Dara....

Here's how it works: Copy this list, leave in the bands you've seen perform live, delete the ones you haven't, and add new ones that you have seen until you reach 25. An asterisk means the previous person had it on their list. Two asterisks means the last two people who did this before you had that band on their list.


On to my list...

1. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers**
2. Dave Matthews Band**
3. Bob Dylan**
4. Goo Goo Dolls*
5. U2*
6. Willie Nelson*
7. Queensryche*
8. They Might Be Giants*
9. Dixie Chicks*
10. Gin Blossoms*
11. Smashing Pumpkins*
12. Santana
13. Phish
14. Tori Amos
15. Dr. John
16. B.B. King
17. R.E.M.
18. Radiohead
19. Ray Charles
20. Johnny Cash (w/ June Carter)
21. Lenny Kravitz
22. Red Hot Chili Peppers
23. Simon and Garfunkel
24. Nine Inch Nails
25. Marilyn Manson

6 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger DSL said...

Meme, that's an odd word. Dara was using it too. Is it used often in law lingo or something?

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Justin S. said...

I don't particularly love the word, I just used it because Dara used it. Here's your answer.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger dara said...

For the record, I did not originate the use of the term 'meme' to describe this exercise. The person I got it from used it, as did the person she got it from.

So there.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger DSL said...

Interesting.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger honeykbee said...

Open to suggestions for a word to replace "meme"! Not a big fan of it, either. As Dara mentioned, I only meme'd because the person before me meme'd. Darn peer pressure.

So, anyway, how was that Willie Nelson concert?

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Justin S. said...

Willie Nelson pretty much phoned it in, honestly. And maybe he's entitled to do so at this stage in his life. But the important thing is I got to check him off my "list" of concerts to get to before I die. Or, in this case, before he dies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home