Monday, July 02, 2007

My Inevitable iPhone Post

I was walking by the Cingular (We used to be AT&T and now we're AT&T again, or something) store...

So I tested the iPhone out.

The good...

It is admittedly slick.

I like the idea of Youtube and a fairly slick weather thingy and map thingy that you can take anywhere.

The bad...

I have regular human size fingers, so I made like 50 mistakes just trying to type a URL. Granted, I've never had a blackberry or anything, so some people might be more used to this, but I found it incredibly annoying.

Price (duh). $500 or $600 is absolutely ridiculous. I could see why people would pay $300 or $400 (I still wouldn't be one of them), but $500 or $600 is way too much.

Only 4 GB or 8 GB of music for that price... If I were spending that I'd want at least 20GB like a low end, full size iPod.

It's still Apple, so all of my criticisms of iPods still apply, particularly the reliance on iTunes and annoyance of synching, lack of "drag and drop" capability, and all that stuff.

I didn't have a chance to try it as an actual phone, so no comments on that part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home