Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Predictions for the Elections

Given my recent success with predictions, my predictions for the elections carry more weight than they would have otherwise.

So here I go....

The St. Louis Cardinals will win control of Congress.

That's right, get ready for Speakear of the House La Russa, House Majority Leader Pujols, Senate Majority Leader Carpenter, and Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee Fred Bird.

Ok, just in case the Cards don't win, I'm going to predict that the Democrats gain control of the House but Republicans retain control of the Senate.

I know, hardly earth shattering predictions, it's pretty much what all the experts are saying.

Rasmussen has 48 Senate seats in GOP hands, 47 in Democrat hands, and 5 toss-ups.

One of those toss-ups is right here in Virginia. Alot of polls have Webb with a narrow lead now, including Rasmussen.

I'm still thinking Allen holds on, somehow. Although having staffers physically attack Webb supporters might not be a good strategy.

If I see a poll with Webb having a solid 5 point lead, I might change my mind. For now, Allen would be a 49th GOP seat.

The other toss-ups are New Jersey, Montana, Tennessee, and Missouri. I'm predicting Dems take New Jersey and Montana but lose in Tennessee and Missouri.

So that's 51 GOP to 49 Dems. And that's not even taking into account a potential Lieberman bait and switch.

In the House, though, I think the Dems will do even better than expected. Wikipedia has a pretty nifty chart summarize House predictions.

I'll say the GOP only holds onto 205 House seats, compared to 230 Dem seats.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger The White's said...

We may disagree on some things politically, but one things we can agree on: the Cards will take the House, though the bullpen may be a little too young to serve (even Albert can't serve in the Senate yet)!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Justin S. said...

Yeah, I guess we'll have to wait a while before Reyes and Duncan can get elected.... We can get some former Cards in there though... Ozzie, Stan the Man, etc....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home