Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Yes, I still watch American Idol

So here's my quick rundown of the female performaces....

Mandisa once again showed everyone else who's boss. No one else even compared. Probably the best performance by anyone so far this year. The surprise for me last night was my #2 performance of the night, Kellie Pickler. I don't think she has the most incredible voice, but I think she's made the best song selections of the competition. Bonnie Raitt and Melissa Etheridge are the types of songwriters that will suit her well in this competition. Her performance last night was the only one I'll remember besides Mandisa's.

The next tier is Paris, Lisa, and Katherine... none blew me away last night but all are talented and likable enough that they'll have no problems getting to the next round.

That leaves Kinnik, Melissa and Ayla. Kinnik was the best of those three in my book, and I think she did just good enough to make the cut. Melissa is definitely a goner, and I think Ayla, for as hard as she tries, just doesn't have the talent and is picking horrible songs.

So my prediction is Melissa and Ayla are out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home