Monday, March 06, 2006

Crash? Really?

So I happened to have Crash rented for my PSP and decided to watch it after it pulled off the upset last night.

I don't get it. I thought it was a bland movie. There's nothing wrong with it, it was just kind of there. I wouldn't give it thumbs up or thumbs down. The performances were relatively good and I generally like most of the cast, but I wasn't blown away. I didn't feel like my two hours was wasted, but I wouldn't ever want to watch it again. Ok, so people's perception of other people is affected by race and people's lives interact. I get it.

This is the same academy that overlooked Do the Right Thing for even a nomination?

Brokeback so should have won over Crash.

If you want to see good movies about race, watch Do the Right Thing and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. If you want to see good movies with intertwining story lines, watch Short Cuts, Traffic, Pulp Fiction, Sin City, etc. All of these movies are boatloads better than Crash.

Am I missing something? Maybe it wasn't as intense because I was watching it on a PSP and wasn't in the theater, but that wouldn't have helped the story.

If someone is out there who really likes Crash, please enlighten me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home