Monday, January 08, 2007

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

The 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees have been announced.

Overall, this is a very, very, good group. All very deserving. Well, I'm not all that familiar with the Ronettes, but I'm not going to pick on a group from the 60s.

The other inductees:

R.E.M.

No complaint here. One of my top five or so favorite bands of all time. And I imagine drummer Bill Berry will reunite with the band for the induction, which will be nice to see.

Van Halen

Very deserving induction here too... They were a very big part of my musical coming-of-age in the 80s. But what's going to happen at the ceremony? Will everyone be there? Will David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar perform together? Will they have a duel? Or will they gang up to take on Eddie Van Halen? Or will former Extreme singer Gary Cherone show up and destroy them all? Watch and see.

My prediction... the real chaos breaks out when R.E.M. tells the crowd to "Stand" while Van Halen simultaneously tells the crowd to "Jump."

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five

That's right, boys and girls... Rap finally made it to the Hall of Fame. I don't know if I know a Grandmaster Flash song besides "The Message," but their induction is momentous nonetheless.

Patti Smith

I like her. I've always meant to listen to more of her music than I have.

So very good induction class... and I'm looking forward to the ceremony on VH1.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home