Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Today in Religious Intolerance

So, ok, I was pretty pissed at Mel Gibson yesterday.

Today, Mel made an apology to the Jews, and it was about as good as he could do, given the circumstances. Since he's offered to at least meet with Jewish groups to discuss his issues, I won't use profanity towards Mel for the time being. I won't say "F*** You, Mel Gibson" anymore.

Screw you, Mel Gibson.

Hey, all I said was I won't use profanity. He has a long way to go before I won't think he sucks.

By the way, I think the best think I've read on the matter is Christopher Hitchens' piece in Slate. I usually can't even make it through a Hitchens piece anymore because he's so flipped-out when it comes to Iraq, but I do think he's a good writer, and he's dead on here.

In other religous intolerance news, the "Left Behind" people are at it again (Yes, I do consider them religiously intolerant because they have a specific goal of convicing everyone to convert to their way of thought).

I saw it on the Daily Show last night, so I had to look for myself. There's going to be a Left Behind video game. The goal of the game is... you guessed it... to convert as many people as possible to Christianity. Ugh. But maybe the evangelists will be so bored with this conversion stuff after constantly playing the game that they'll stop trying to convert people in real life.

I did find this interesting:

Beating the game will unlock the multiplayer mode, which allows gamers to duke it out online as both the side of good and evil. That's right - you will be able to control the forces of the antichrist.

Hmmmmm..... maybe this game could be fun after all. I could get into playing as the antichrist for a few hours. I mean, give most people the choice between being Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader, they'll choose Vader.

No word yet on whether this guy will be lending his voice talent.



And with that, I've blogged about Kirk Cameron for the fourth time this month. This is getting worse than Federline.

5 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger dara said...

You know this K.C. thing is bordering on the obsessive, right? He's going to send you a cease and desist letter, kind of like the one that was sent to my friend Ryan in high school from Courtney Thorne-Smith.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Justin S. said...

Well K.C. thinks I'm going to Hell anyway, so what is there to do?

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger dara said...

Hell is one thing; jail is another. :P

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Justin S. said...

Jesus, I'm not stalking the guy. I hate everything he stands for. If anything, he's stalking me and everyone else he wants to convert. In fact, if I ever saw him in real life, I think I'd puke.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger dara said...

On him or near him? Because the former might be construed as an attack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home