Friday, April 07, 2006

More Wisconsin Hockey

Last week I mentioned that the Wisconsin women had won the national championship and that the men had advanced to the Frozen Four. Last night the men advanced to the finals, against Boston College tomorrow. This is exciting for a UW alum and lifelong college hockey fan like me.

OK, so I was in Madison for two years as a grad student and never techincally "went" to a game or "watched" a game on tv or "listened" to a game on the radio or "followed" the team in the newspaper. Nor had I ever followed them, or any other team, before that, nor have I followed them since, until the last two weeks. Nor have I really followed the team in the last two weeks. But hey, my friend Tom called last night, and I turned on the game with 49 seconds left. That counts for something, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home