Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Idols and Queen

So here it is, my first Idol recap, post Mandisa. It's a shame too, because she probably would have been the most suited to sing a Queen song. She would have nailed "We are the Champions" or whatever she chose. Such a shame.

So here's the rundown of the non-Mandisas.

The best performances were Elliott and Paris. And they're probably my favorites of the ones left as well. Elliott sang "Sombody to Love" and did admirably with a very difficult song, and sang it with mucho soul. Paris just did the Paris thing that she does great week after week.

Both were in the bottom three last week, and I was particularly disappointed to see Elliott there, as I thought he gave the best performance last week. I don't think either will be there this week, especially Paris, since she performed last and was freshest in the voters' minds. I could be wrong about Elliott. I hope not.

Chris gave the most disappointing performance he's given to date, but he's developed a following that will keep him safe. It was particularly disappointing, because Chris really should have shined on Queen night. Taylor's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" was fun to me, and his rabid fan base will keep him safe. Kellie looked a bit like a deer-in-the-headlights as she started "Bohemian Rhapsody," but she pulled it through well enough, and again, will carry through on her previous popularity.

Bucky had alot of fun with "Fat Bottomed Girls" and I thought it was one of his better performances. Still, against tough competition, he could be in trouble.

Katherine was pretty forgetable to me, she just didn't stand out at all last night. And Ace, while he didn't completely bomb "We Will Rock You," is just lame. I predicted it last week, and was wrong, but I'm predicting it again. Ace is going home.

Safest: Chris, Kellie, Taylor, and Paris.

On the bubble: Elliott.

Bottom three: Bucky, Ace, Katherine.

Going home: Ace.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger dara said...

Yesterday, I found this article on how the American Idol contestants don't really want to be singers, and actually saved it for today's inevitable Idol post.

Note that, other than the few occasions that I watched it with you and Debby, I don't even watch the show.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger DSL said...

Was that last item a disclaimer?

I like Chris, but I really think he deserves to be in the bottom three. Everyone should at least once and now is his time. Hopefully Ace will be on the way out. Much too weak to be in this competition. I actually enjoyed Kellie's dramatic performance and thought Taylor's was too careless and unprofessional. And I liked Katherine's performance for once in a long time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home