Friday, March 10, 2006

American Idol update

So I forgot yesterday to make my predictions for the guys, but I would have predicted Will and Bucky being eliminated. I was right on Will, but Bucky made the cut. I knew Chris, Ace, Taylor and Elliott were safe. I figured if either Will or Bucky survived Kevin would be the one to go. Gedeon, while not on the same level as the other four guys I mentioned, I figured was probably safe.

I was wrong. Gedeon got the boot, along with Will. Gedeon is the first contestant this year that I'm really sorry to see go, I thought he had genuine talent and was a good performer.

As far as the girls go, I was right on one of my predictions from a couple days ago, but wrong on the other. I was right that Ayla would be gone. But I was SURE Melissa would be gone, yet she made the cut. Kinnik was the other cut, which doesn't surprise me too much. I kind of liked her, but she wasn't going to make it very far in this competition.

Of the contestants left, the way I see it, there are three tiers.

First tier: Mandisa, Paris, Chris, Taylor, and Kellie. I think any of these five could end up being the winner. So far, Mandisa is far and away my favorite, although I'm liking Taylor as well after this week. Paris and Chris are natural talents, and you can never count out a little blonde girl like Kellie on Idol... it helps that she has the energy and seemingly pretty good taste to back it up.

Second tier: Lisa, Elliott, Katherine and Ace. The first three have genuinely good voices and could raise themselves to the first tier with a good performance or two... I just haven't seen anything from any of them to excite me yet. Ace doesn't have the natural talent, although he was a little better this week, but he's likely safe for a while on the preteen girl vote.

Third tier: Melissa, Bucky, and Kevin. Unless she has a stellar performance, Melissa is a goner next week. Bucky has the country thing going, and he's alright at it, but I think he's the next one gone after Melissa. Kevin is next... his Chicken Little good looks will only take him so far.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger DSL said...

Oh, and for something new and exciting, the theme for next week is...Stevie Wonder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home