Wednesday, May 09, 2007

George Lucas on Spiderman 3

Need some more evidence than my opinion that Spiderman 3 was good?

Here's the evidence... George Lucas DIDN'T like it.

Lucas told me he has seen all the summer movies since his company, Industrial Light and Magic, does most of the special effects. The only one they didn't work on was "Spider-Man 3." What did he think of it?

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," he said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"


Honestly, if I made a movie, and George Lucas didn't like it, I'd wear it as a badge of honor. Who the hell is George Lucas, these days, to call a script "silly?" Does he not remember the crapfest of a prequel trilogy he strung together? Jar Jar Binks in The Phantom Menace? The horrendous love story of Attack of the Clones? The unsatisfying resolution of Revenge of the Sith? Any of this ring a bell?

As much as I really, really, really, liked Spiderman 3, I'm not going to pretend it was the greatest script on the planet... but it's certainly better than anything Lucas has done since The Empire Strikes Back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home