Thursday, November 09, 2006

Curt Schilling

So, in my mind, I've been comparing 2004 to 2006.

As a Cardinals fan and a Democrat, the years were quite different.

In 2004, the Cardinals lost the World Series to the Red Sox. A big part of it was Curt Schilling and his damn bloody sock. Curt Schilling, who I never really liked, became one of my least favorite players.

But the next week, he cemented his status as my absolute least favorite player in baseball by campaigning with George W. Bush in his re-election campaign. I think you all know what happened in that campaign.

2004 was not so good for me. But lets look at 2006.

First, the Cardinals win the World Series. The Red Sox? Not even in the playoffs.

Second, the Democrats win control of Congress.

But here's the icing on the cake.... Today I watched Celebrity Jeopardy and Curt Schilling was a contestant. Final Score?

Doug Savant - $18,200
Jane Kaczmarek - $5,600
Curt Schilling - $0

Ah. How refreshing. Curt Schilling might actually be as dumb as he seems to be.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger The White's said...

Seriously, that is a great post. I think the same way re: sports and politics (though a little more conservative, haha). As a Cards fan and a Republican, those years were a "combo" for me (even though I can't say 2006 was bad b/c the party had it coming and Bush got what he deserved).

I think the Cards winning made me much happier that anything Dumbya has ever done. Now is Reagan and the Cardinals had won in the same year . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home