Saturday, June 17, 2006

Can you hear this sound?

So apparently there's a high pitched mp3 going around that store owners in England are using to keep teens away.

You see, almost all teens can hear it, but most adults can't because of hearing loss.

But now the kids have turned the table, and they're using it as a ringtone. They can use it in class and most of their teachers can't hear it.

However, I'm 28 and I can hear it clearly. I thought surely the two Nine Inch Nails concerts I've been to would have destroyed my hearing enough that I wouldn't be able to hear it.

I do believe in the legitimacy of this story, as some friends of mine can't hear it.

Can you hear the noise?

Here it is.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm 38, often listen to headphones way too loud, and can hear the tone clearly. It's one of the more annoying sounds I've heard, actually. It would attract my attention immediately.

Bah! Kids these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home