Sunday, May 21, 2006

Da Vinci Code

The Da Vinci Code made $77 million this weekend. Take that, critics! As Dara mentioned, It didn't exactly get the best reviews (although Roger Ebert liked it quite a bit).

Ten of those 77 million bucks were mine. I saw it this weekend. I liked it quite a bit as well. It wasn't the Godfather, but I didn't expect it to be. Just as I liked the book, because I didn't expect it to be The Iliad. In both cases, Da Vinci Code was quite enjoyable, in a "popcorn" sort of way. And there's nothing wrong with that.

The backlash against Da Vinci Code says more about the stuffy critics than it does about the movie itself.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger DSL said...

I liked it too (never read the book). It wasn't the Godfather but I'm not sure I'd go the other way and call it a popcorn movie either. It required a little more brainpower than, say, Rambo.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Justin S. said...

I think Harry Potter got more of a pass because it was a children's book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home