Monday, February 27, 2006

Things people blogged about over the weekend.

We went curling this weekend!

Jeff has the photographic evidence.

I only fell on my ass twice. Or maybe three times. But who's counting? It was fun... I wish I didn't have to go to Maryland to do it. I wish there was curling in Virginia. (Hint, hint, Arlington Ice Center).

I have alot more respect for curlers after having done this. Keeping balance is harder than it looks, much less throwing a stone with any sort of precision.

Jeff also has a link to Puppy Curling.

Dara had a busy weekend of blogging. She posted links to, among other things, The International Pun Contest and Morrissey being investigated by the FBI. But most importantly, she posted a link to the winners of the DC Metro Anagram Contest. Here's the PDF.

One of mine and one of my girlfriend's, and one of Dara's (almost) were included! He used my "Catty Lyrics" for Crystal City and Debby's "Asian Taco" for Anacostia. Dara's "Tavern Rodents" for Van Dorn Street became "Rodent Taverns."

I also like "A War Gets Turf" for Farragut West, as Farragut West is pretty close to the White House. He used "This Mansion" for Smithsonian. I like "Shit Mansion" and "Sith Mansion" better. "Crab Haven" is pretty appropriate for Branch Ave, too, since it's in Maryland.

In other blogging, I like MOsanthrope's link to prohibit Republican's from adopting.

I find these thoughts on Daily Kos, about John McCain, intriguing, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. I generally agree, though, that despite the fact that I like McCain in a number of ways, 4 more years with a War Hawk as president wouldn't be any fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home