Thursday, February 23, 2006

Samuel L. Jackson Quote of the Day

I love Sam Jackson. And I totally want to see Snakes on a Plane.

From Morganaus:

Premiere: ... Snakes on a Plane, for which you lobbied the producers to stick with the title rather than change it to Pacific Air Flight 121.

Sam Jackson: They had already changed the title when I got to Canada to start shooting. I let it go for a while. Then one day the producers were standing there, and I'm saying, 'so are you seriously going to leave (the) name on this?" And they're going, 'Yeah, we don't want to give too much away to the audience.' I'm like, 'Yeah, you do. That's the way you get them in there. Nobody wants to see Pacific Air Flight 121. People want to see Snakes on a Plane.' When I picked up the script and I saw the title, I didn't even read it and I said, 'I want to do it.' You know, before I opened the first page, Snakes on a Plane. If this is what I think it is, I want to be in this. I want to be on a plane full of poisonous snakes. And I want to see others on a plane full of poisonous snakes. You say Snakes on a Plane, people who don't like snakes are intrigued. The people who don't like to fly are intrigued. The people who don't like both are totally terrified now. People who like seeing mayhem are totally ready for that. They want to see, you know, people enclosed in a big tin tube getting attacked by poisonous snakes. Come on! What could be more exciting than that, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home