Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Wolfowitz on Cheney...

This really bothers me. From the Washington Post:

• Glad we cleared that up: In its November issue, Esquire magazine poses the question all of Washington demands an answer to: Is Dick Cheney a neoconservative? "No," Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz tells the mag. "Cheney can't be a neocon. He isn't Jewish."

This isn't the first I've heard of the assertion that neo-cons have to be Jewish, but it bothers me alot. I'm Jewish. I hate neo-cons. And I don't want Wolfowitz making any more stupid quotes like this that might be misinterpreted to imply that us Jews are inherently warmongerers. It doesn't surprise me if Wolfowitz is a religious zealot. But I don't want him bringing religion into the public sphere, especially if it's going to bring any sort of ill will toward the rest of the Jewish community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home